The DadtographeR

Blind Eye

Blind Eye - Taken on 21st Oct 2013
Some notes:

I usually have the manually selected auto-focus (AF) point of my Canon at one of the Rules of Third, and either in AI Focus or AI Servo, since if subject and/or I are moving while taking the shot, there will be a higher chance of getting the focus right. 
For this one, since I was already walking on the left, my AF point was pre-selected to be on the right, since I doubted there would be anything or anyone interesting directly in front of me to take a photo of. Nevertheless, I always have a finger on the dial to quickly change AF points.

I try to spot something interesting when I'm doing street. For me, street photography is also about capturing people reacting to their environment, and whether they realize it or not, the environment reacting to them.

As friends would know by now, I'm a bit of a joker, and love taking witty or funny photos whenever the chance appears, but I also try to take photos of things which matter to me deep down.

This photo happened while I was walking briskly to the end of the underpass, and the lady, the opposite end, and I quickly took a burst of shots as we both walked past. I like using and including texts and faces in such photos, since it is where the human eye is drawn to first, other than the brightest spot in a picture. Knowing where the human eye is attracted to first was learnt very early on from reading  one of  Michael Freeman's books, which was a present from my then-girlfriend, and now wife. :)

As Eric Kim rightly advises, "Buy books, not gear."

No comments