The DadtographeR

Majestic Flight

Majestic Flight
Came home after sending my daughter to the clinic and shortly after, the RSAF's F-15SG Eagle started flying past my window. Took a few shots, mostly in landscape orientation, then decided to try it in portrait, and here're one of the shots.

Learnt that for the already-grey planes to look nicer and stand out against the sky, it is a must to have nice clouds in the background to make things more interesting, assuming of course one can't zoom in closer.

A few other shots:



A slightly resized 100% crop. Thank God for high megapixel count cameras like the EOS 7D!

Here's the number of shots I usually take, versus the two to three shots that make it to edit. Interesting clouds make for a nicer photo with the planes.
My photos are edited in Adobe Photoshop, using Nik Software plugins. Nik Software used to be quite a bit more expensive, maybe around SGD$700, but ever since Google bought over Nik, prices have come down to SGD$189. Do check out their suite of plugins if you're looking at improving your photos in post process and make your life easier in doing so.

P.S. I'm not paid or sponsored to recommend Nik. If I find something good, I'll share it. :) Please buy original. I know you may be tempted to get a pirated copy, but let's not. After all, if someone stole your work, you wouldn't be happy too, right? Let's give the talented guys at Nik their due!

All the best and keep shooting! If you've any questions, drop me a comment or mail. Thanks!

No comments